Friday, February 29, 2008



Mattie and I had a great time at my Weight Watchers meeting today. We got there early, like we usually do, and got settled in for the meeting. Everything was going fine, Mattie had her DVD player with Elmo, her water, Ok. So we are sitting there, and all of a sudden, Mattie burps or something and kind of spits up a little. I thought, that's weird. She seemed fine, though, not crying or anything, just still watching Elmo. All of a sudden, she starts throwing up for real, and...oh my gosh... it's everywhere, and still coming. People are starting to turn around and jump up. Good grief. So I scoop her up and head for the bathroom. I get her cleaned up as much as I can, try to clean up the sink, there are like 2 or 3 women in the bathroom with me, handing me paper towels and talking to Mattie. She is fine and still just jabbering away. She kept saying, Wet! The whole front of her dress was soaked from me trying to clean her up. I gathered our stuff up, thanked the women for their help, said sorry like 100 times and ran out. Geez. When Mattie is a teenager, I may walk around the house in my bra while she's having a sleepover, just to get her back.


Max still won't let me take any pictures of him. I snapped this one of him doing his chores. It's his job to take out the recycling everyday, and bring in the bin on Fridays. Mattie makes up for Max's camera shyness. She thinks camera shy is only taking 5 or 6 poses. I was fixing dinner tonight, and heard Max and Mattie just cracking up in her room. I peeked around the corner, to see Max getting Mattie to say, peep, poop, pee pee, all those things, and then die laughing, which made Mattie laugh and say it over and over, making Max laugh harder. It was pretty funny, if gross. I'm glad Mattie has a big brother to be such a good influence on her.

No comments: