Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sick Day IV - This is Getting Old

Geez. How long can a cold last? With athsma, a long dang time. Max was better today, more energy (meaning: it was harder to keep him in bed), but he freaked me out early this morning with this shallow breathing stuff. I was afraid he was getting pneumonia, and I'm not even sure what that is. Anyway, after a call to the doctor on call, we uped his inhaler doses to several times a day. So that cleared that up for the most part. Mattie started her fever today, and it was wierd because she has never been sick, really. She had low grade fevers when she was little, but this was fever, and it was strange to see her...lying still. So, Kiddie Motrin and a luke-warm bath took care of that, and she's better. She is using her sick voice, though, and it's hilarious, because it's even smaller that her real voice. If you know her, you know she has this tiny, oh-so-sweet and innocent little voice, until she is mad or upset, then her inner soprano comes out like she's premiering at the Met. Then, she reverts back to innocent Gerber baby voice. But her sick voice is even higher and softer. Hilarious! Max has gotten tired of watching Tv and playing Transformers on his lap, so I gave his the laptop (with a dire warning) and he looked at the Transformer's website and Star Wars and such. It killed a few hours.








Max has been coughing so much, his eyes are red and bloodshot, so I make him put a cold washcoth on his eyes for a while every now and then. Mattie thought that was cool, so...




Anyway, I'm getting tired of writing about everyone being sick, I hope we are nearing the end of this adventure. But Papa has the stomach bug, so I guess I'll quit complaining.

No comments: