Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday


Mark taught Mattie a new word this weekend: Money. So today, when Mattie and I went out, she had to have money and her purse. I brought out the camera and she showed me some 'tude (that's attitude, Dad). She already likes to hand the cashier the money to pay. I always forget, and am really not listening to her saying, pay, pay, pay! Sometimes I pay and then, when I turn my attention back to her, realize what she's saying, I give her a penny to give to the cashier. They usually really like that, then slip the penny back to me.





Max is a full-blown reader now, and can even read Berinstein Bears. He will read to anyone who will listen. He likes to read to Mattie, and usually she will listen. But now I have to listen to him try to read every billboard or sign, and sometimes he can't finish them before they are past. He'll ask, Mom, what did that sign say? I usually have no idea. I found him reading sales adds this morning for the Easter candy items. He was so excited because there was candy, and it was free. He had read the "free", but didn't see the buy 1 get 1 part. He was ready to head to Walgreens.

1 comment:

Jay Beerley said...

Thanks so much for the comment! I really appreciate the encouragment. It is hard to see your child suffer with asthma. I am thankful he finally got on an inhaler...it's seemed to help. Your family is precious! Where are you guys from?