Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Starting Line

I have always wanted to journal through the kids early years, mostly because I have a terrible memory, and the kids will think I wasn't even around for their childhood if they only rely on me for information. I have always started bravely... and given up quickly. I don't know, there is something about my handwriting and (gulp!) spelling that always made it annoying for me to journal. Anyway, I will give this a shot, and I think it will work. However, this is written expressly for me and maybe the kids when they are older, so it is likely to be very boring to anyone else. You are welcome to try it out, it's just that I am not writing it to be universally entertaining. Ok, all legal disclaimers have been met, now down to business.

Max has recently turned 6, and Mattie is about to turn 2. Max is at school right now, and already today Mattie has drawn on the wall with marker before lunch, and eaten a new tube of lipstick after lunch.
The first time I was knitting and watching CourtTv (not a crime) thinking the whole time she was quietly playing in her room. The second time I was cleaning the kitchen thinking she was quietly playing in her room. By the way, I had to buy that new lipstick yesterday because the day before she had eaten another tube.







We just had Max's 6th Birthday party. Transformers at the church with all his little friends from school, church, Aby and Zach, and even Uncle Jeff and Aunt Adrien. It was a hoot with Spongebob playing on a giant screen and a big inflatable . He had a great time, but I think my favorite was stuffing 30 helium balloons into Aunt Emma's little car, along with me, Max two bags of candy, a pinata, assorted plates and paper goods, and a large Transformers cake.



It's almost 3:00, so I may have to start a new post later, this is too fun.







See if you can find Max in the balloons!

No comments: